IASGP Conferences Papers
Selected papers from the 2014 IASGP Annual Conference
We have made the following listed papers available from the 2014 conference. They are free to read to IASGP members.
- Racism and sexism – An experiment on the role of the candidate’s race and sex in voting decisions
Ina E. Bieber
- The German Approach to Finance in the European Context
- “25 Years after the Fall of the Wall: Achievements and Shortcomings of Economic Transformation in East Germany”
- The Effects of the Fukushima Disaster on Nuclear Energy Debate and Policy: A Comparative Examination
- The “Sleep-Walking Giant” Awakes:Resetting German Foreign and Security Policy
- East Germans in political leadership positions – beyond Merkel, Gauck and Gysi
- The Extraordinary Collapse and Revival of German Democracy
- Representation Without Participation? Migrants in Local German Politics
- The development of party organisations in Western Europe: adaptation and institutionalisation
- Rest in Peace or Totgesagte leben länger? A Comparative Perspective on FDP Prospects
David F. Patton
Selected papers from the 2013 IASGP Annual Conference
We have made the following listed papers available from the 2013 conference. They are free to read to IASGP members.
- What’s Past is Prologue Germany and Israel. Current state of affairs of a complex relationship.
Lorena De Vita
- Germany: Sweeping Structural Reforms Can Work
- The Continuing Relevance of Germany’s Engine for CEE and the EU
V. Handl and W. E. Paterson
- Conflicting Images? Angela Merkel’s Perceptions of China’s Rise
- German and British parliamentary discourse on the Eurocrisis: how (not to) convince a sceptic audience?
- The Integration of Islam as an Issue between Islamic organizations and the State: Germany and the Netherlands compared
- Questioning the Legitimacy of a Powerful Governance Instrument: Expert Advisory Committees in Germany
- Reshaping public accountability: Hospital reforms in Germany, Norway and Denmark
Paola Mattei et al.
- Privatising Local Public Infrastructures in Germany (and beyond): An Issue Beyond Left and Right?
- The Piratenpartei in Germany: riding on the crest of a wave or destined for the rocks?
- New autonomy or uniformity as usual? Lander politics after the federalism reform I on the example of the non-smokers protection legislation
- Pathways to Becoming an Administrative State Secretary – An Explorative Analysis of Career Sequences
Markus Tepe and Kamil Marcinkiewicz
- Recent Debates in German Foreign Policy toward Russia
Selected papers from the 2012 IASGP Annual Conference
We have made the following listed papers available from the 2012 conference. They are free to read to IASGP members.
- Germany as the EU’s hegemonic power? Ten theses on Germany’s new role in the European Union
Simon Bulmer and William E. Paterson
- How national party policy positions and decision-making in the European Parliament fit together – A theoretical and empirical view on political behaviour of German parties
- Intuition beats calculation? Narratives and Practices of Strategy and Professionalization in Electoral Campaigning in the German States
Marcel Lewandowsky M.A.
- Does Germany need a Territorialization of Welfare Politics? Federal Regulation and Local Implementationof the post-2004 Reforms
Dr Jörg Mathias
- Navigating Between Scylla and Charybdis: The “Chancellor Powers” of Angela Merkel
Joyce Marie Mushaben
- Changing Patterns of Fiscal Governance in Times of Crisis
Dr. Henrik Scheller
- Self-Interest, Socialization or Instrumental Anticipation of Voters’ Preferences? Why Political Elites in Germany Support Governmental Transparency
- Policy or Office and Votes? The Determinants of Programmatic Change in West European Political Parties
Prof. Dr. Reimut Zohlnhöfer and Frank Bandau, M.A.